Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Laura Ingraham a traitor, Dubya a pussy, just another morning in America.

When you keep fucking everything up and there is a new scandal virtually every week, from the Dubai ports debacle to your former economic advisor being arrested for an ongoing shoplifting scam at Target (seriously WTF!), you'd think a good leader, a decent human being, would stand up and correct the course. Maybe would think to themselves, maybe I'm not doing something right. Yes they would, but only a stubborn ass coward would blame all his troubles on someone else. We've gone from Harry Truman who also had terrible poll numbers, but took it like a man and said "The buck stops here!" to Dubya's "It's the media's fault". Cry me a river you big fucking baby.

His press conference last week set off the whole campaign, when he called on Helen Thomas (you know the 90 year old reporter who hasn't gotten called on in 4 years because she's liberal) and the Prez showed what a tough son of a bitch he is getting into it with a senior citizen. I know that would fire me up if I were a right winger. Then the memo goes out to all the right wing hacks like Rush, O'reilly, Hannity, the whole group. You know the right wing 100% biased radio and tv hosts that have the nerve to criticize others as being biased. Again WTF? I think the most pathetic moment of the whole "attack the media, it's their fault, not ours" campaign was when right wing radio hack Laura Ingraham went on the Today Show to lecture them about how to cover the war in the right way after her brief 8 day photo-op jaunt to Iraq before quickly cowering back to her safe studio here in the states. She tried to paint the picture that journalists in Iraq (apparently including the 80 world reporters who have died over there) were cowards and never left their hotel balconies.

Now I have my own beef with what is considered news these days in general (i.e. continuous Michael Jackson, Natalle Holloway or replace with missing white girl of the week stories, instead of the trajedies in Africa) but to not afford the same respect for reporters who literally risk their lives in Iraq every day, as we do the brave troops is to completely and undeniably show how pathetic, how right wing, how desperate you are to try and prove a point that isn't true. Laura Ingraham is a lot of things and a lot of names that I don't need to mention because they are obvious, just go to her website and look at her two glamour shots photos and it should tell you enough about how seriously she should be taken. But I'm going to officially add another title to her resume: TRAITOR. If the right can use that word everyday, so can we. When you ignore the truth, when you blindly follow the White House playbook sent out every Friday by Karl Rove to the point that you brutally and cowardly bash reporters who have spent the last three years in Iraq covering the story, you are a traitor to our country and our troops and to democracy. When did demanding our troops stay in the place that has killed over 2,300 troops become supporting them? Answer me that.

My rant it almost over. But, I will leave you with two items I have seen this past week that are the only two rebuttals you would need for the nonsense that has been "this week's attack the media". Many people might have been asking themselves, well is the media being unfair? These two great points should answer the question for you.

*A) Chris Matthews has this gem that Laura should put in her pipe and smoke. He said last week on his show, "are we really going to be lectured about being biased, does the White House really want the whole truth, everything out on the table without being censored? That's fine, but I say we start with being able to set up cameras at the base in Dover, Delaware where the American flag draped caskets come home every day, EVERY DAY, so far 2,323 of those caskets, carrying the dead bodies of brave young men and women have arrived. Not one of which has been shown on television screens to the American people, because Rumsfeld and Bush won't allow the media to show them. Don't lecture us that we aren't showing the American people the whole story, you're right we aren't, but that's not our fault."

*B) The second great point is from CBS news reporter Lara Logan, who when questioned why she doesn't do more "positive" news stories as if she has to meet the white house quota or something said this, "I've done positive stories, I did a story a few weeks ago about how the power was finally restored to this neighborhood after a year, but then what, should I report the next week that the power is still on like it's breaking news? American soldiers and Iraq citizens are blown up everyday, how do I say to myself that the water being turned back on is more important than the life of a solider or a group of citizens?" She also points out the reality of life in Iraq and something the White House knows but yet still attacks reporters for, which should tell you about the kind of people they are, "I go to the U.S. headquarters and ask about the good things that are happening, and they tell me a school has opened but that I shouldn't show it on TV or say exactly where it is located because it would be bombed the next day if I did. They tell me that a water main has been restored but don't report which one because it will be attacked. Don't do interviews with Iraqi soldiers or policemen because them and their families will probably be assasinated." So what does that leave for her stories, they would look something like this "Somewhere at some point a school opened, with water from some restored water main protected by anonymous policemen who would not talk to us for fear of their life."

Is that the vague seemingly made up, hard-hitting "positive" news story all the right wingers are yearning for. Or is it that they finally can't deal with the thought that regular Americans just don't like their fearless cowboy hero anymore. That the distained, disgraced, worst president ever, Bill Clinton in their minds, never came close to dropping to the horrible poll numbers Dubya is at. Hmm, something to think about I guess, it's morning in America and your leader is a pussy.

(sidenote: I wonder how many hits I'll get for having the word "pussy" in my title)

3 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Um, I came here looking for pussy, but all I found was this political shit...?

No, this was a great - and unfortunately very accurate - post. I couldn't agree more. The administration, the media...it's all out of control. I have to tell myself it can't continue like this without completely imploding. I hope.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Lara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger scott c said...

Did you watch Hardball last week (I assume you did) where a former Army journalism guy (pretty sure that was his title) spouted off about bias in the media? Matthews asked him where he saw bias in his field experience in Iraq and the guy was hard pressed to note anything other than "You can just tell."

He, proverbially, got served.
sc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home