Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Tuesday nights and I get along

Since I've moved to Omaha, Tuesday nights is the night on the town. It all started because Bdubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) has 35 cent wings, a digital juke box and late night happy hour drink specials. In a word...paradise. It's becoming tradition, though the last two weeks we've tried new places because our regular waiter quit and we now hang out with him and thought it'd be weird for him to have to go back. Check out the interesting story on the night he quit. But, he told us last night that we don't have to avoid our old hangout. So we'll see. But last night we went to Old Chicago where they also have drink specials and outdoor seating. It has been effing hot here in the Midwest the past couple weeks, I'm talking hell's heatwave, it was 107 on monday. But yesterday because God read my post about becoming a "better" person decided to reward me with and incredible cold front, it's like early fall. And it was beautiful sitting outside, drinking, except I was the only one who remembered it had cooled down and dressed accordingly, everyone else just shivered and bitched until we finally went inside. I hate them and they ruined my night. Thanks guys.

While we were still outside we got on one of those conversation rolls that could go down in the history books. I mean we were kicking out priceless material left and right, so good I actually had to write it down for possible future scripts. This went on for a good 20 minutes, until Wolfpack ruined it with a sappy NPR story, so we stabbed him in the neck and moved on. Then laughed some about how I may or may not be rather mean in my comebacks to people, here's how one went last night:

Scotty: I was expecting it to fall apart like every other movie we do?
Me: What have we done that has fallen apart?
Scotty: Oh I guess I meant with me, not your projects.
Me: Oh so you mean falling apart like your life?

Good natured ribbing met with sheer sting. Like a fucking rattlesnake Scotty says. I guess it's true, I should work on that, but then would I really be the jerkface anymore? Here I'll try harder:

Scotty: Hey let's sit outside where it's cold. (In sarcasm voice)
Me: Scott, I hate you and I did your mom. (Feel my sting)

Damn it, can't do it. I'm an asshole. But I do enjoy Tuesday nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home