Thursday, August 04, 2005

The good ole days of television

The Dukes of Hazzard movie opens tomorrow and I can't wait. I loved this show as a kid, I had the Dukes big wheel and all the figures and matchbox cars. Looking back on it though, this show was so ridiculous, the dialogue was just terrible and the plots are the exact same each episode. The Dukes get in a fight, Boss Hog is sure he's going to get Uncle Jesse's farm this time and Daisy has to wear something skimpy to get them out of jail where they get their car back blow some shit up and save the day. Every episode. I mean the wrap sheet on these guys must be mind boggling. It also makes you wonder, where the "rural" television shows have gone. Every show is always set in the city these days, would a show set in the rural south featuring rednecks driving a car with a confederate flag painted on the roof and a character named 'Cooter' ever make it today? Answer: not a chance in hell.

Walking around Best Buy last weekend in the television section, I'm really appreciating the trend of putting every show, past and present on DVD, it's the best invention ever. There's nothing better than watching full seasons of my favorite shows, back to back to back without commercials. Love it. It also made me reminisce about my favorite shows growing up, (pre-high school basically).

Top Ten:
1. Chips
2. Simon and Simon
3. The Cosby Show
4. The Dukes of Hazzard
5. Coach
6. MacGyver
7. Home Improvement
8. Family Ties
9. Fresh Prince
10. The Wonder Years

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lara said...

MacGyver! Yes!!! Classic. Gotta love the Richard Dean.

Except I do have to question your decision to see the D of H movie. Even the trailer looks retarded, and if there's not enough good footage to fill out a two minute trailer, then the movie is prolly going to suck. Major ass.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Magnum D.I. said...

The Dukes movie is going to rock, the trailer is sweet, I hate you and everything you stand for, for saying that.

Second, damn it, I can't believe I forgot Saved By the Bell. That's definitely #3 on the list. Everything else gets bumped down and Wonder Years and Fresh Prince will have to be a tie for #10. Good call.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Yes, Dub, I completely agree with the SBTB call. NOICE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home