Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So yeah, it's the Jerkface's birthday

Did I just refer to myself in the third person? Uh yeah, that's right I went there, it's my b-day so eff off. The big 25, a quarter of a century, when I think about it, it's the perfect age, 25 still seems young, but older and professional at the same time. 26 will be a weird age I think, like I'll feel like I have to grow up or something, but 25 will be just right for the next year. I sorta started my b-day celebration last night at bdubs with some friends and we had a round of redheaded sluts at midnight (the shot I mean....or do I?). I then stayed up drinking with my buddy and actor from my show, who is crashing at my place at the moment because he just moved to Omaha and is still looking for a place.

My grandparents did call me this morning to wish me a happy birthday, I bring this up because not last year, but the year before, they forgot my birthday and didn't call for like a week until my parents found out and yelled at them and then they called and I think tried to bribe me with an unusually high birthday check that my grandpa slipped to me the next time I saw them like it was drug deal. Kind of a "sorry we forgot your birthday, here's alot of money to show we still love you". And I think they forgot last year until that night, because they called late when I was already out at the bars which is way past their bed time. In their defense they have 9 grandkids, but I am their oldest, and they are grandparents, what else to they have to do besides pay attention to their grandchildren, okay that is selfish, but come on.

My parents haven't called yet either, which they usually do way too early in the morning, though we did have my celebration dinner on Saturday with them out at the lake house. But, they didn't give me a present or a card and I find this strange, unless when you turn 25 parents are relieved from their contract of getting their kids anything for their birthdays, I'll have to check. I actually ended up giving my dad a $500 check for my loan payment. That's not how it's supposed to work. He's the one with all the money, I would have taken as a present, him just tearing up the check right there and saying "you're money's no good here". That would have been awesome. But alas, my life is not an HBO series and it did not happen.

If you think I'm being a little demanding about getting attention for my birthday, you would be correct. And this is easily explained by having to share a birthday with my younger brother for the last 23 years. That's right we were born on the same day, 2 years apart. Therefore it's never been just MY day, it was and always will be OUR day and damn it, it rains on my attention parade. Luckily I really like my bro and we get along great so it's not really a big deal, and it makes for a cool story to tell.

Well, that's all, I'm going to get just silly trashed tonight, so that should be a good time that I won't remember the next day. Until next time.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lara said...

What, the 25% of a KFC meal wasn't a good enough present that all other present would have been meaningless????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home